Make 3 natural beeswax food wraps yourself! A lovely kit for someone who's keen on being eco-friendly in the kitchen.
Treat yourself to a fun afternoon with this jam-packed DIY Beeswax Wrap kit. It has everything you need to make your own beeswax wraps at home. Simple, fun and rewarding, this kit is gift boxed and makes a fabulous gift or for yourself. Makes three wraps.
- Ballyvourney and Bantry Beeswax Bars – The hexagonal beeswax blocks are pre-mixed with jojoba oil to add suppleness to your wraps. Made from local Ballyvourney & Bantry beeswax. Sustainably sourced beeswax from Cork's most pampered bees. Light and creamy colour due to the flowers growing near the hives such as white clover, lime blossom and blackberry.
- The Irish Button Company– We have included a specially designed just for us handmade ‘bee’ porcelain button with a crystallised glaze, made by Kathleen in her Recess studio, Connemara. Make your wrap into a sandwich pouch using the Irish linen waxed thread.
- Natural Irish waxed linen thread
- 100% Natural Beech FSC certified Wooden Basting Brush
- Natural FSC certified wood peg for hanging your new wraps to set
- Unbleached, chlorine free and certified compostable parchment paper
- 3 x Unwaxed Wraps (large, medium and small). Can differ from images, but will have the same theme.
- Detailed Instruction leaflet
- Pre-heat oven to 80°C
- Place the unwaxed wrap on the unbleached parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Grate your Ballyvourney beeswax Bar evenly over your unwaxed wrap – covering all areas. Being careful to use the desired amount to have enough for all your unwaxed wraps.
- Put the tray into the pre-heated oven for a few minutes until the wax has melted – watching and monitoring continuously.
- Take it out and using the basting brush to distribute the newly melted wax blend across the surface of your wrap. No need to turn over as the wax will melt through the fabric to the other side, waxing both sides.
- Using tongs to remove from baking paper and hang to set.
- Once set you can sew your button on to make a cute sandwich bag or snack pouch out of one of your new wraps.
Note of caution: Melting wax can be very hot and beeswax liquifies at a low temperature – take all necessary safety precautions using oven gloves and tongs. We recommend you wash and dry your cotton before you start.
Once set your beeswax wrap is ready to go! Wrap cheese, fruit, bowls or sandwiches.
Fabrics may vary from those pictured.
A great gift idea!