Three Hills Soap
Solid Shampoo for Oily Hair - Nettle & Lavender
A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo!
This highly-concentrated solid shampoo for oily hair is gently fragranced with French Lavender, Tea Tree and Lemon Verbena essential oils to refresh your hair and scalp and soothe your senses too. It is a fresh, herbaceous, lemony aroma. Suitable for both men and women. Three Hills Soap have added some powdered Nettle and French Green Clay to help strengthen and promote hair growth. It is suitable for greasy hair acting against dandruff, strengthening the roots at the same time. It has an antibacterial effect as well thanks to the essential oils put in.
Take a solid shampoo with you instead of a regular plastic bottle. If you haven’t experienced a solid shampoo, try one, you’ll be glad you did.
No fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo does away with wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair. This rich, solid shampoo for oily hair effectively cleanses and moisturises to leave your hair looking nourished and healthy.
- Hair is clean and easy to comb
- It’s easy to use, its shape fits right into your palm, it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to processed hair
- It’s gentle to your hair and scalp
- It promotes healthy and shiny hair
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz) which represents 45 – 50 washes. Of course, it depends on your hair length but is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
A solid shampoo is gentler to your hair and scalp. It does not contain any propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo:
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of the shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent, made from the natural fatty acids which occur in coconut oil and which effectively remove dirt and grease from the hair and scalp resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. An eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent is used which is suitable for both soft and hard water.
Another ingredient used in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, also known as SLSA. This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it is impossible for it to penetrate the skin membrane.
There are both of 100% natural origin
- Coconut Oil contributes to the better hair quality by delivering shine, softness and power to the damaged hair
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine and reduces hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny
- Wheat Protein can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil and prevents drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skin’s water
- Nettle Powder stimulates the scalp and promotes hair growth, supports their gloss and strength
- French Green Clay helps fight dandruff, gently cleanses, absorbs excess sebum allowing hair to remain airy and strong
- Lavender French Essential Oil soothes scalp irritation and tension, has a beneficial effect on hair regeneration. It has antiseptic properties so can revitalise the skin and is helpful with dandruff
- Tea Tree Essential Oil has antiseptic, antibacterial properties and is also useful for helping fight dandruff
- Lemon Verbena Essential Oil is antiseptic and antibacterial and useful for healthy scalp and hair
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in the soap dish/ tin.
Packaging: Aluminium Tin
Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g